The TOEFL® test is an English language assessment that is often required for admission by English-speaking universities and programs around the world. In addition to being accepted at more than 11,000 institutions in over 150 countries, including Australia, Canada, and the US, TOEFL scores help you get noticed by admissions officers who consider the TOEFL test a more accurate measure of your ability to succeed in a university setting. For PR it is accepted in Australia by the Home Office and by Immigration New Zealand, it is also accepted by IRCC India for non-SDS student visas
The TOEFL iBT® test has 4 sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. During the test, you’ll perform tasks that combine these 4 English communication skills, such as:
- read, listen and then speak in response to a question
- listen and then speak in response to a question
- read, listen and then write in response to a question
The total test takes about 3 hours to complete, but you should plan for 3½ hours, allowing 30 minutes for check in.
The TOEFL iBT® Reading section is designed to assess how well you can read and understand the kind of materials used in an academic environment. It includes 3 or 4 reading passages, each approximately 700 words long, with 10 questions per passage. You have 54 to 72 minutes to answer all the questions in the section. Reading passages are excerpts from university-level textbooks that would be used in introductions to a discipline or topic. The passages cover a variety of different subjects. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with the topic of a passage. All the information you need to answer the questions will be included in the passage. There is a glossary feature available to define words not commonly used, if you need it.
The TOEFL iBT® Listening section is designed to measure your ability to understand conversations and lectures in English. It includes listening for:
- basic comprehension
- pragmatic understanding (speaker’s attitude and degree of certainty) and connecting and synthesizing information
There are 2 types of listening items in the Speaking section — lectures and conversations. Both use campus-based language
- 3–4 lectures, each 3–5 minutes long, with 6 questions per lecture
- 2–3 conversations with 2 speakers, each 3 minutes long, with 5 questions per conversation
You can take notes on any audio item throughout the test to help you answer questions. You have 41 to 57 minutes to complete the section.
The TOEFL iBT® Speaking section is designed to measure your ability to speak English effectively in academic settings. It is composed of 4 tasks that resemble real-life situations you might encounter both in and outside of a classroom.
- Question 1 is called an “independent speaking task” because it requires you to draw entirely on your own ideas, opinions and experiences when you respond.
Questions 2–4 are called “integrated speaking tasks” because they require you to combine your English-language skills — listening and speaking, or listening, reading and speaking — just as you would in or out of a
You’ll get 15–30 seconds of preparation time before each response, and your response will be 45 or 60 seconds long.
To respond, you’ll speak into the microphone on your headset. Your responses are recorded and sent to ETS, where they will be scored by a combination of AI scoring and certified human raters to ensure fairness and
quality. See the Speaking Scoring Guides (Rubrics) (PDF) for more information about how your responses are scored.
You have 17 minutes to complete the Speaking section.
The TOEFL iBT® Writing section is designed to measure your ability to write in English in an academic setting, and you’re expected to be able to present your ideas in a clear, well-organized manner
There are 2 writing tasks.
- Integrated writing task (20 minutes) — read a short passage and listen to a short lecture, then write in response to what you read and listened to.
- Independent writing task (30 minutes) — write an essay based on personal experience or opinion in response to a writing topic
You’ll type your responses on a computer keyboard. Responses are sent to ETS, where they are scored by a combination of AI scoring and certified
human raters to ensure fairness and quality
You’ll have 50 minutes to complete the Writing section..
You will receive 4 scaled section scores and a total score.
- Each section has a score range of 0–30
- These are added together for a total score of 0–120.
Each skill has 4 or 5 proficiency levels, so where your score falls within that range tells you your proficiency for that skill
Below Low-Intermediate (0–3)
Below Low-Intermediate (0–8)
Basic (10–15) Below Basic (0–9)
Basic (7–12) Below Basic (0–6)
Scores are valid for 2 years from your test date, so make sure to consider that in your plans. T, this is the same for the Home Edition test.
There are four sections in the TOEFL iBT ® test: reading, listening, speaking, and writing. All four skills are measured and scores are based on criteria set forth by ETS, the maker of the TOEFL test. The test measures your level of English proficiency in all four of these skills, and English-speaking institutions use your scores to determine if you would be able to succeed in their academic environment.
The TOEFL iBT test at test centres is given on predetermined dates, over 50 60 times a year, at thousands of secure, Internet-based test centers around the world. Select from a list of test locations and dates.( https://www.ets.org/toefl/centersearch ) . The TOEFL iBT ® Home Edition test is available 24 hours a day from Sunday – Wednesday in India
For more information on registration, fees, test dates and locations, visit us here.( https://www.ets.org/toefl/centersearch)
Online registration is the fastest, easiest method. You can enter a location where you want to test or use the TOEFL official app, and see what dates are available at test centers all over the worldnear you. Registration is available five to six months before the test date; but be sure to register early to reserve your seat. Get started here(https://www.ets.org/toefl/centersearch )
The only item you must bring on test day is valid, acceptable ID which in India is a valid passport.
No mobile devices or other personal items are allowed in the testing room, lockers will be provided at the test centre to store your personal belongings.
Scores are available online in approximately 6 days, and you can download a PDF copy of your score report within 8 days after your test date. If you elected to receive a paper score report during registration, it is mailed within 11 days. Delivery times vary based on your location.
TOEFL tests are only scored by a centralized scoring network, never at the test center. The Reading and Listening sections are scored by computer. The Speaking and Writing sections are scored by a combination of automated AI scoring and multiple, highly trained human raters to:
- offer a complete and accurate picture of your ability
- minimize the rater bias that can occur with face-to-face interviews
- ensure consistency and the highest quality
You can retake the test as many times as you wish, but only once within any 3-day period.
Yes you can, for a fee. Keep in mind that your registration fee covers the cost of sending up to four official score reports to the universities, institutions or agencies you select before you test, but for UK, EU, Ireland, Canada, NZ Universities you can just forward the score report to respective universities and they can verify your scores with an the Online Score Verification System
There are no passing or failing scores for the TOEFL test. Universities and programs that accept TOEFL scores set their own score requirements based on specific English skills their students need to have. Therefore, score requirements can vary. It’s recommended that you contact the institution directly to fully understand the requirements. You can use the TOEFL® Destination Search https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/#destination-search to search for institutions that accept your TOEFL scores.
If an institution requires an English-language proficiency test for admission, it probably accepts TOEFL scores. Universities and programs set their own score requirements based on specific English skills their students need to have, so you should check with the institution directly about its score requirements.
The TOEFL® Destination Search ( https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/#destination-search is a great resource to find institutions that accept the TOEFL test and the scores needed for admission.
Use this chart as an indication for your four section target scores:
Post graduate level no section less then 22
Under graduate level no section less then 21
Diploma level no section less then 20.
- Nu14,700 total cost (Once payment has been made to CTI, it takes 4-5 weeks to receive a voucher code)
- This voucher code is proof of payment for a single test seat. Please note the voucher can only be used once for one test date.
- We do not provide dates for the examination, you will have to register for the dates through the TOEFL website www.ets.org after creating an account for the TOEFL ibt. Once you create a TOEFL ibt account, you can register for a date using the voucher code at the payment section for any date that is available at the time.
- The voucher code has a validity of 1 year, you can register for any test date within the 1 year validity of your voucher.
- It is YOUR responsibility to register for the date listed by TOEFL (first come first serve basis). We have no control over the availability of dates on the website.
- Please note that location of testing centers will not be found if there are no active dates available at the time.
- The voucher is valid in any testing center within Bhutan only.
- Please provide your full name, email, phone number, and passport number la.
TOEFL Coaching Class
Coaching details: ( Monday – Friday ) ( Saturday: Mock test )
Coaching costs Nu. 5000, inclusive of:
- Coverage of all 4 sections (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Taught by the only TOEFL certified instructor in the country.
- 1 free Certified Mock test ( You will receive TOEFL verified scores and feedback for improvement, it’s like taking the exam twice!)
- Option to take the Mock test at the testing centre.
- Practice materials during the course
- Practice questions prior to the examination
- Option to buy more Paid Mock Tests ( Only for Nu. 500, while others pay Nu.1500)
- A free Counselling session to help you select COLLEGES / UNIVERSITIES based on your interests.
- Tutorials and assistance on how to Register on the ETS website.
- A FREE Counselling session to help you select COLLEGES / UNIVERSITIES based on your interests.
The TOEFL test itself is NU.14,700/- and we want you to make the most out of this large sum of money. Rather than doing the test again, you can invest Nu. 5000/- to help you prepare for the TOEFL IBT so you can score to the best of your abilities!
Coaching classes run from Monday to Saturday of every week (Monday – Friday) (Saturday: Mock test)
Our coaching timings:
Face to face: Morning classes : 11am – 1pm
Afternoon : 2pm – 4pm
Evening classes : 5pm – 7pm (coaching class timings may fluctuate if it coincides with examination dates)
Online Classes : 5:30pm – 7:30pm This training is not COMPULSORY, however it is recommended by us.
Take part in a special DISCOUNT offer for Coaching classes; You will get Nu. 500 off from your fee for every person you bring with you. So if you bring 5 friends to register, you will get 50% off of the Nu. 5000.
This training is not COMPULSORY, however it is recommended
by us because:
- An average of 40% of Bhutanese fail or do not make the required cut for university and visa applications.
- Visa being rejected once will negatively affect your future and chances of studying in that country.
- TOEFL IBT format and materials are different from the IELTS. We will help you better prepare for the TOEFls specifically by guiding you through the format, timings, and provide tips and tricks to help you score to the best of your abilities.
- It increases your chances of meeting the minimum requirements to get a VISA ( 79 / 120 )
- You also have to meet University Requirements which might be even higher!
- Good scores means a good profile for university applications and VISA grants and scholarships.
- The average for clients who have taken coaching classes with CTI is an 85%.
Regarding the test dates : We will distribute voucher codes to those who have paid for the exams. The voucher code will then be used to register for the TOEFL IBT on the ETS website. Once dates are announced, it is YOUR responsibility to register for the date listed by TOEFL. We do not assign or give you a set date however we will assist you.
Test room exceptions:
Rules for test center:
“Visitors / Reporters are strictly are not allowed to enter the test center”
Prepare for the Test:
TOEFL Scoring Guide : https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/ibt/resources/scoring
TOEFL TV : https://www.youtube.com/user/TOEFLtv
Improve your English Language Skills : https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/ibt/resources/improve-skills
TOEFL Accpetance : https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/#destination-search