TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
The TOEFL iBT® assesses your basic ability to speak, read, write and listen in English at a university level.
The test scores are accepted in virtually all universities and institutions globally and is generally viewed as the preferred English language test for university admission and student visa applications.
The TOEFL iBT® is the universally-accepted measure of non-native speakers of English to use and understand English as it is read, spoken, written and heard in an academic setting. More than 11,000 universities and other institutions in over 150 countries trust TOEFL scores. It is accepted by every university in English speaking countries like the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, and in the UK, by 100% of universities, including the Russell Group ®. Across Europe, Asia and Latin America, TOEFL is accepted by virtually all English taught programs that require an English proficiency test for admission. As the only English proficiency test with 100% academic content to measure English skills the way they are used in the classroom. Confidently demonstrate that you have the English skills needed for success at the university.
Time Limit : 54–72minutes
Questions : 30–40
Tasks : Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.
Time Limit : 41–57minutes
Questions : 28–39
Tasks : Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations,then answer questions.
Time Limit : 17 minutes
Questions : 4 tasks
Tasks : Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.
Time Limit : 50 minutes
Questions : 2 tasks
Tasks : Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.
- Nu14,700 total cost (Once payment has been made to CTI, it takes 4-5 weeks to receive a voucher code)
- This voucher code is proof of payment for a single test seat. Please note the voucher can only be used once for one test date.
- We do not provide dates for the examination, you will have to register for the dates through the TOEFL website www.ets.org after creating an account for the TOEFL ibt. Once you create a TOEFL ibt account, you can register for a date using the voucher code at the payment section for any date that is available at the time.
- The voucher code has a validity of 1 year, you can register for any test date within the 1 year validity of your voucher.
- It is YOUR responsibility to register for the date listed by TOEFL (first come first serve basis). We have no control over the availability of dates on the website.
- Please note that location of testing centers will not be found if there are no active dates available at the time.
- The voucher is valid in any testing center within Bhutan only.
- Please provide your full name, email, phone number, and passport number.
TOEFL Coaching Class
Coaching details: ( Monday – Friday ) ( Saturday: Mock test )
Coaching costs Nu. 5000, inclusive of:
- Coverage of all 4 sections (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Taught by certified instructors.
- 1 free Certified Mock test ( You will receive TOEFL verified scores and feedback for improvement, it’s like taking the exam twice!)
- Option to take the Mock test at the testing center
- Practice materials during the course
- Practice questions prior to the examination
- Option to buy more Paid Mock Tests ( Only for Nu. 500, while others pay Nu.1500)
- Tutorials and assistance on how to Register on the ETS website.
- A FREE Counselling session to help you select COLLEGES / UNIVERSITIES based on your interests.
The TOEFL test itself is NU.14,700/- and we want you to make the most out of this large sum of money. Rather than doing the test again, you can invest Nu. 5000/- to help you prepare for the TOEFL IBT so you can score to the best of your abilities!
Coaching classes run from Monday to Saturday of every week (Monday – Friday) (Saturday: Mock test)
Our coaching timings:
Face to face: Morning classes : 11am – 1pm
Afternoon : 2pm – 4pm
Evening classes : 5pm – 7pm (coaching class timings may fluctuate if it coincides with examination dates)
Online Classes : 5:30pm – 7:30pm This training is not COMPULSORY, however it is recommended by us.
Take part in a special DISCOUNT offer for Coaching classes; You will get Nu. 500 off from your fee for every person you bring with you. So if you bring 5 friends to register, you will get 50% off of the Nu. 5000.
This training is not COMPULSORY, however it is recommended
by us because:
- An average of 40% of Bhutanese fail or do not make the required cut for university and visa applications.
- Visa being rejected once will negatively affect your future and chances of studying in that country.
- TOEFL IBT format and materials are different from the IELTS. We will help you better prepare for the TOEFls specifically by guiding you through the format, timings, and provide tips and tricks to help you score to the best of your abilities.
- It increases your chances of meeting the minimum requirements to get a VISA ( 79 / 120 )
- You also have to meet University Requirements which might be even higher!
- Good scores means a good profile for university applications and VISA grants and scholarships. 7) The average for clients who have taken coaching classes with CTI is an 85%.
Regarding the test dates : We will distribute voucher codes to those who have paid for the exams. The voucher code will then be used to register for the TOEFL IBT on the ETS website. Once dates are announced, it is YOUR responsibility to register for the date listed by TOEFL. We do not assign or give you a set date however we will assist you.
Test room exceptions:
Rules for test center:
“Visitors / Reporters are strictly are not allowed to enter the test center”